- Be able to think creatively and reflect meaningfully about the application of emerging technologies in information organisations, as well as current trends and issues related to emerging technologies
- Understand and interpret people’s experience of emerging technologies and solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate technology solutions and evaluate options
|To be conducted||Groups (2-3 members)|
|Submission method||Via email to Kathleen email@example.com|
|Due date||11.59pm, Sunday 12 June (Week 14)|
Your team has been employed as a consultant for an organisation that has one of the following issues:
- a distributed team that needs to communicate informally and share files throughout the day about work issues in a private space
- a small market-based business that now wants to move online and needs to effectively market and sell products to users in a time efficient way
- a small information management consultancy that is expanding and needs to find a way to quickly and easily build an intranet that incorporates social functionality and allows individuals to create content while remaining private and secure
- a library that is seeking new ways to connect with patrons to encourage higher attendance at their events and also feedback and suggestions regarding events
Your team must provide the organisation with recommendations regarding a technology / technologies that will assist in solving this issue.
Your group needs to compare and contrast a minimum of three technologies that may be of benefit to the organisation in resolving this issue. For each tool you should outline:
- how it can be applied to the issue
- pros and cons
Your team must take into account the at least two of the personas that were created for Assignment One when making recommendations. You should provide recommendations to the organisation about which technology / technologies would best assist them in this situation, taking into account the organisational needs and the needs of the users as outlined in the personas.
Not sure where to start? Have a look at this brief overview for some ideas on how you might like to evaluate technologies.
**Updated 5/5/16** For copies of all the personas you can access this Dropbox file. Remember you need to use two, and can either choose your own or another students.
IFN612 assignment briefs and criteria sheets.